Monday, July 30, 2007

Clinton correspondence

A former pen pal of young Hillary Rodham has released 30 letters penned by the then-Wellesley student from back in the mid-60’s. Some friend, huh?

Do not take this as a defense of the Democratic presidential candidate and former Arkansas First Lady, but Isn’t it just something how people who are supposed to be a friend just toss you under the bus? There was nothing intimate or sexual in the lengthy letters, although I am sure the far right slander machine will go to work on an intelligent and socially conscious young person who was desperately trying to get her own life organized and amount to something.

I wonder what sort of letters George W. Bush was writing when he was in college. Don’t you suppose those would be some kind of literary triumph? If I am correctly informed, young women could not be officially admitted to Harvard at the time, and Wellesley was the equivalent Ivy League college for brilliant young females. She was sure that.

If I had my head on half as straight, I might have made something of myself. The story is in the New York Times and I am sure you can find it online.

Of course, I’m not satisfied. I want to know what she was thinking in Junior High.

(Broadcast July 30, 2007)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?