Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Which way, Mitch?

My column is in today’s Democrat-Gazette. You can find it on the Voices page. I have lots, to say, as you might expect. It’s easy to tear down governors, former governors, lawmakers and lobbyists. As for Frank Broyles and Houston Nutt, these guys make more than the President of the United States, so I will never feel bad about holding them accountable.

There are also a few comments about former Razorback quarterback Mitch Mustain which might be taken as being a bit harsh. Here is a kid who, because of the unmerited gift of God, will probably make more money in a month than most of us in a lifetime, so it is easy to go off on him. It is my opinion that he is making a huge mistake, even though the University probably engaged in some deceit to get that cherished name on the dotted line.

I know, as an adult, how it feels to be deceived in life-altering important transactions and it is a sinking terrible desperate sensation. My heart is actually with Mustain, but there is also the fact that you have to play the hand that is dealt.

This may be wrong and I do respect his stand. I think he takes his privileged life for granted. He is a public person, an entertainer, and better learn to take the bad with the good.

)Broadcast January 22, 2007)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?