Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Huck's hope

Mike Huckabee has “thrown his hat in the ring” and, to tell the truth, I’m darned happy about it. Since the good old days, about 10 years ago, the long distance calls have slowed down. Mind you, I am still occasionally interviewed about the “real” Bill Clinton, but it happens less frequently. I guess I will have to write my own book.

Now, with Mike Huckabee as the latest presidential candidate, I have dusted off the phone and put a water bottle close by. A guy can always use a little refreshment during a heated interview. The essence of giving a good interview is finding the right hook. Let’s see. It could be Huckabee the whiner. Plenty of evidence back that up, but no originality. Huck the humanitarian is also a nice touch on the former governor, but not the kind of blazing commentary that entertains worldwide audiences.

There is always Huckabee as greedy grabber of goodies. That would be OK, I guess. Huckabee the twister of truth has some potential. Just check out his choice whine in Sunday’s Democrat-Gazette. Better yet, check out me on the Voices page today. I think I am pretty darned funny this time, and I bet the former governor will not be amused.

(Broadcast January 29, 2007)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?