Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seasonal excitment

Tonight is a big deal on the Lyncho social calendar. It is the night of the big drop-in at the palatial West Little Rock condo. Marie has had the tree up for weeks and it is past magnificent. Really. Now, the hard work is upon us.

The furniture being moved all around, and we don’t have that much, is really inconvenient. That has been happening since last weekend. Marie is really on top of this. Maybe Bush should send her to straighten things out in to Iraq. I cannot tell you how many bottles of Coca-Cola she has laid in, but if there is a blizzard any time soon, we will have something to drink. It may not be very good for us, but we will not die of thirst.

Dusting is a huge project. I never notice that kind of thing when I go anywhere, so I don’t know if all that hard work was really necessary. She even cleaned out the frig. Let me tell you, that was very needed and I can only imagine that she wore the special bio-chemical hazmat cleanup suit. Heck, it is mostly my fault.

The invitation list has been done for weeks, but I may have left somebody out. If you came last year, just drop on it. If you came two years ago, you might want to check.

(Broadcast December 15, 2006)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?