Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Political landscape

Friday morning, I was the breakfast speaker for the state’s public housing administrators. They wanted my thoughts on political developments since the November elections.

While I hate to rain on anybody’s parade, I am afraid I whipped up a deluge. Let me summarize. The overarching business in Washington is Iraq and President Bush seems ready to study it to death while he “stays the course.” For the President, he has the added benefit of talking about new strategies, while doing the same things and, of course, blaming Democrats for his failures. We are still living in a very partisan world.

Democrats may get to investigate some of the Iraq war corruption, but I doubt it. Republicans are swooping over Senator Time Johnson’s sick bed like vultures just waiting to take back the Senate by whatever means necessary.

Things are little better at home. There is just little reason to be optimistic about the governor-elect. That is especially true since the worst element, the so-called “Brotherhood”, is about to take over the State Senate. Their motto is “public education be damned, full speed ahead with our pork barrel spending.”

We still live in a great country. God Bless America, Merry Christmas and Go Hogs!

(Broadcast December 15, 2006)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?