Monday, November 13, 2006

(Alarm) Bells are Ringing!

Some of my buds, particularly my liberal friends, are getting upset over the Huckabee’s latest shameless hustle. As something of an old lefty myself, I wish to state here and now that I only wish Marie and I had been smart enough to register for gifts back on our happy day.

If you have not heard, Mike and Janet Huckabee, who must soon vacate the governor’s mansion, have registered at Target and Dillard’s for cool gifts. The Huckabees have been married once officially and then they participated in a ceremony that had something to do with covenant marriage. I don’t understand that so well, but maybe Bill Gwatney can explain it.

Usually, it’s the newly weds who get the gifts but I guess that, since Mike and Sugar Button will be setting up housekeeping on their onw in this nice large house over in North Little Rock, it might be a nice gesture to send some flatware or a toaster. When I tied the noose with the first Mrs. Lynch, we were registered at Dillard’s, and you can get some great gifts.

I am not picking on the governor, honest. In fact, I have made an executive decision that, before Marie and I celebrate our lovely fifth anniversary on Valentine’s Day next year, we will also accept suitable offerings. Of course, we will take cash.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?