Monday, October 30, 2006

Down Memory Lane with Nick Wilson

I am doing some research on the criminal activity of former state senate powerhouse Nick Wilson. The Pocahontas flash got himself convicted of federal corruption charges for engineering legislation that would provide legal help for kids in foster care. It seemed like such a laudable objective, but Nick and some of his legislative cohorts intended it for nothing other than to pay themselves.

I was wondering what I was reporting and writing at the time, so I set forth in my own archives. Between the misspellings and pontificating, it is not a pretty picture. I am not finished, but I plan to report when the work is done. I am able to say that, at the time, Wayne Dumond was one of the top stories. He was still in state prison for a rape it seemed unlikely that he committed. Mike Huckabee was twisting arms and even met privately with the state parole board. It was an unseemly mess. That story dominated my news along with a bunch of lesser items that, in retrospect, seem mighty pidly.

I am looking closely to see if I had anything to note on Mike Beebe, but I will say that it appears the reason Wilson got away with it was that nobody was looking.

(Broadcast October 30, 2006)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?