Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Utility Customers Unite!

Could I get a little anger here! A little emotion, please!

Let me highlight an item that was on today's headlines and I thought SOMEBODY would catch on. Entergy of MISSISSIPPI is CUTTING rates! I thought the ALMIGHTY SYSTEM AGREEMENT caused rates to be spread out around the system. This was highlighted in the Jackson Clarion-Ledger and it is a hell of a story.

Entergy Mississippi will be lowering rates for the third time this year when an 18 percent drop begins in October.

The decrease will mean an average residential bill will fall from $107 per thousand kilowatt hours to about $88. It will last through December when Entergy re-evaluates its fuel costs.

Entergy and other utilities are able to pass the cost of fuel directly to customers. Entergy bills have fallen $40, or 31.5 percent, per 1,000 kilowatt hours since March for its 427,000 customers in 45 counties.


OK, as a mere high school graduate, I am often confused and bewildered by the confusing world around me, HOWEVER, I can not figure out how one part of the Entergy system is having consecutive rate CUTS while Arkansas has had at least TWO increases.

Excuse me for hollering, but darn it, I am just stoked.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?