Thursday, July 20, 2006

About WPR

Today is Mr. Rockefeller’s Day. He will be buried in a private ceremony and memorialized in a massive service at Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church. As an Irishman, I have a keen appreciation for well-done funerals and I must say that I have absolutely no taste whatsoever for this new trend toward having a memorial service after the burial. Nonetheless, it is a matter of personal taste.

I went looking through my archives to see if there was anything bad I could say about Win Paul. He would have expected no less. The one and only thing I can find of a negative nature about the late Lieutenant Governor is that he once defended that miserable insect Karl Rove.

God, in his infinite wisdom, has spared us from much of the knowledge of Mr. Rockefeller as a serious politician. It is a mercy as much for him as us. He leaves us with an unblemished reputation and, in the words of the prayer book, in favor with God and man. If there is a single legacy, it is the memory of his very generous spirit. Thank you, Mr. Rockefeller.

Broadcast July 20, 2006

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?