Monday, April 10, 2006

Those illegals

Here is my radio commentary from April 6. You can hear ir weekday mornings on WAI Radio.com with Grant Merrill and Steve Freeman.

Since everybody else seems to have an opinion on illegal aliens, here comes mine. For the life of me, I cannot see the problem. My outlook is absolutely selfish and you need to know that I do have a dog in this fight – and it’s not Molly.

Once again, Republicans are so stupid it’s amazing. Instead of seeing Mexican workers as an enormous and necessary asset, these pampered, delusional control freaks are trying to turn decent working people into felons. Everybody take a deep breath while I tell you about my angel. Being an overweight, middle aged white guy, I would like to retire some day.

I was born in 1950 and have worked diligently since age 18 to pay Social Security taxes so the greatest generation would have the greatest retirement in world history. I hate to see Gen X carry all of us boomers on their backs, especially when there is a reasonable solution. Legalize these folks, give them legitimate personal Social Security accounts and let them pay taxes so that there will be money for all of us freaks from the 60’s to retire.

Invite them to bring their families. These folks are having kids faster than greedy white folks and we need then. We need young folks in America. I’m Pat Lynch with News and Comment on the Arkansas Priority Radio Network.

Comments:
Dear Mrs. Taylor,
I am a single father who raised a son and am currently rearing a second son in a manner probably 180 degrees from your religio-fascist,control freak manner and Scott is now on the staff of UC-Berkley after matriculating at Stanford and Berkley. The fact he turned out well is as likely the result of luck as my parenting skill , although I did value his ability to participate in all decisions which affected him during his formative years. My younger son's (12) opinions and choices are also highly valued.
It was also informative to know you are fascinated by the violence,gore and depravity of crime dramas, while completely phobic regarding depictions of human sexuality/sensuality. Somehow that fits my mental pictures of your ilk.
I also was intrigued by your abhorrence of Gwenneth Paltrow's choice of names for her children: a girl (Apple ) and a boy (Moses ). Apparently , your rigidity can't tolerate
mixing apples and moseses..only apples and oranges. You also seemed to suggest the name , Moses , should be reserved for biblical figures... and the occasional over-sized basketball player !
I also thought I heard you say Moses was inappropriate because Moses is not a fruit. Please rest assured I have known several fruits and a few were named Moses! Roy Murtishaw
Pine Bluff , AR
 
Laurie Taylor is something of a regular guest on my program at WAI Radio.com. You can probably catch her in the archives by now. Laurie got crosswise with the Fayetteville schools over some overly explicit reading materials in the library. Laurie is an intelligent lady and loads of laughs. I fear some of our conversation did degenerate into what might be described as "fun," a genre which is almost intolerable for my intellectual betters. I bow low to those with finer minds and advanced degrees.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?