Thursday, March 16, 2006

More on Halter's falter

John Brummett, in a column in today's Stephens Media Group papers, seems to be addressing my Monday column in the Democrat-Gazette, and he seems to be disagreeing. It may be that my paranoia and more than amply provoked suspicious nature got the best of me. It may be that big money politics breeds some very strange and convenient alliances.

Perhaps Brummett is correct is his assignment of more benign motives to Mr. Halter. I tend to think that politics is serious business and those who get into it should honestly plan to do what they promise. Bill Halter's withdrawal is, as John Brummett asserts, a $3 million cash contribution to the state party.

It is my sincere belief that Bill Halter has harmed the political process (not exactly a hanging offense) by assisting in the unopposed nomination of a man who has a TON of political baggage. Personally, I would not put anything past Bill Halter or Mike Beebe and I am sort of shocked that Brummett is buying all of Halter's high sounding nonsense.

But then again, I did.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?