Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Golden Parachutes

Since the higher-ups in Beverly Nursing homes have taken care of themselves with severance packages totaling $200 million, I have lately been questioning my life choices. This morning, The Dallas Morning News runs with a great story about the former president of Radio Shack. I remember from my childhood when a catalogue from the Shack would show up with the famous "Flyer Side Chat" direct from the president and founder - whoever that was. Things have changed a lot, but you need to check out this story.

There is actually a neat surprise about the NEW boss at RS. She, like me, has no undergraduate degree. However, the University of North Carolina has a Masters Degree program which routinely admits individuals based on work background and leadership. It's obviously a very cool program.

Anyway, former president and undisputed goof-ball, David Edmondson faked his resume to show two degrees from an outfit called Pacific Coast Bible College, which has moved to Oklahoma. I am not making this stuff up. I would have listed Northwestern of Stanford, being instinctively too modest to pretend a Harvard MBA. What an idiot.

OK, I am being judgemental. He is getting $1.5 million to soften the blow and help pay for his upcoming DUI defense.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?