Sunday, January 29, 2006

Prosecute Ann Coulter?

A listener sent me a letter directed to the local FBI office. It's an outstanding piece of work, even though I disagree with both the intent of the writer and the statute cited.

I have deliberately removed the name of the writer, but this was not sent anonymously.

It would be my opinion that the federal authorities are now duty bound to investigate. I sure hope somebody has increased security for Justice Stevens because some real nutcase might have gotten a bad idea from Coulter's childish attempt at humor.

My analysis of her speech at Filander Smith is down the blog a few entries. See what you think and post a response.

Here is the letter.

Special Agent William C. Temple,
Federal Bureau of Investigation,
Little Rock Field Office
(501) 221-9100
24 Shackleford West Blvd
Little Rock, AR 72211
Special Agent Temple,

I am writing to notify you of a troubling act that was committed in your district on or about Friday, January 27, 2006 at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, AR. While speaking to an assembled group, Ann Coulter willfully advocated the assassination of a federal official of the United States. Her exact quote was "We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee", thus threatening the health and welfare of a lawfully appointed sitting Supreme Court Justice.

As you are well aware, advocating the assassination of a federal official is a direct violation of United States Code Title 18, Chapter 115, Section 2385, "Advocating overthrow of Government", which states in part:

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of
overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government;...

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As a patriotic citizen concerned for the welfare and safety of my country, I cannot idly stand by and let people advocate the unlawful overthrow of our government. I'm sure that you feel the exact same way. I also have concerns that this encouragement, while then covered up as "a joke", is neither a joke to Justice Stevens nor his family, and this comment has caused them duress. Additionally I fear that some unbalanced or deranged individual will take this as encouragement to follow through with Ms. Coulter's assassination order. History has taught us the possibility of this happening is quite real.

Please review this matter promptly and take whatever actions appropriate to resolve this matter quickly.

So, what do you say?

Comments:
Reply To Pat's Defense Of Ann Coulter D.O.B.: 12-08-1961 44 years Old
1. She committed a crime.
2.Philander Smith should be commended.
3.Harding University shouldn't be commended.
4.Coulter is tall, but is not attractive and is blonde only as applies to her intellect and the only liberal quality she has---her "liberal" use of peroxide
5.The intent of her statement should be reviewed impartially.
6.Ann Coulter's only defense may be the insanity plea.
7.Coulter advocates liberals be tried for treason.
8.I also hate hate. Welcome to our fraternity ,Pat.
9.Coulter muses over WWJK-Who Would Jesus Kill? and answers all those who are not christians.
10. Ann Coulters needs the prayers of people of all religious faiths---even those she advocates Jesus killing!
Roy Murtishaw
Caution:
Extreme History, Part 2:
The Saga of Martin Niemöller
by Toby O'Ryan
Revolutionary Worker #1251, August 29, 2004, posted at http://rwor.org
"First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
"Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
"Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
"Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
"Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?