Monday, October 31, 2005

MEIRED!

Meired – messed around with and generally deprived of previously earned gratuities based on not being sufficiently subservient to the ruling oppressors. Derived from early 21st Century Supreme Court nominee who, while adhering to all the fundamental tenants necessary for consideration, was found to be unsuitable because of having previously entertained an independent thought.

Example: Pat Lynch has been meired by John Brummett in a recent column that lists only one liberal Arkansas political blog.

Being Borked is bad enough. Just when things are going along splendidly, somebody starts digging around in your previous speeches and writings. Judge Robert Bork has plenty to say on just about everything and some of it was unpleasant. He was denied the advancement that probably was due such a fine Yale intellectual.

Then there was Ginsberg, and I ain't talkin' about Ruth, although I would bet she has smoked a blunt somewhere down the line.

I don't want to seem sentimental about Ms. Meirs. She would have been a completely dreadful justice, I am sure. Still does it not seem a little unfair to dismiss a lady because of her obvious libertarian tendencies? Conservative Republicans may talk about judicial restraint, but that is just fancy talk. What they really want is fire-breathing fundamentalists to impose sharia law right here in Arkansas.

Gosh, Meirs promised Carl Rove that she would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade. Rove told James Dobson and that was good enough for the final authority on all judicial appointments. What more could anybody ask?

There was that little episode on the Dallas City Council when Meirs seemed to favor including Hispanics in the local government. Of course, that was a dangerous shortcoming, but probably attributable to youth.

To top it all off, Harriet, who is not much of a looker, adored the heck out of W. He thought she was qualified.

I am certain that Harriet Meirs is a hard-core conservative nut, but I do feel sorry for her anyway. I am in the same situation. I ask you candidly: what more must I do to prove my liberal credentials?

Let us examine my record. Tax and spend? Absolutely? Against the death penalty? Of course. Legalizing Marijuana? I'm for it. Tort reform? I'm again' it.

OK. I will own up to being on the wrong side of same-sex marriage, but so what? All the homophobic morons who are also against it can't come up with a single rational reason to hold the same opinion. I do believe that marriage and families exist to protect weaker individuals, like women and children.

I confess that, on more than one occasion, I merely genuflected when coming in the presence of former United States Senator Dale Bumpers. I deliberately violated the explicit understanding that all true liberals must drop to both knees, but I am getting older and it hurts.

I have also been less than adoring to Bill Clinton, but I generally support his policies. That should count for something.

Once, I publicly referred to ACLU Executive Director Rita Sklar as "a total babe." In this case, while I admit the wrongful deed, I also assert that truth is an absolute defense.

I also attend a church that believes in something beyond mere “social justice.” I can’t imagine what got into me.

I am meired and it is a bewildering sensation. I could promise to be ideologically pure, but that would be a lie, and it’s too damned much trouble.

One more thing, Arkansas Times blog is more liberal and it really rocks.

Comments:
I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?