Sunday, October 16, 2005

How 'bout them hogs?

I stayed up late last night and listened to The Fifth Quarter. That is the Randy Rainwater and Rick Schaeffer duet of love for everything Razorback.

Let me tell you these are tough times for Razorback fans. One could hear the tones of dread in Rick's voice. This "nice guy" routine is no act. Rick genuinely cares if some assistant coach gets canned. Rick know that people have families, and so on and so on.

I would be falling down on my duty not to mention here that nobody seems to care very much when Pat Lunch gets the ax, which has happened twice in the past five years.

But back too the Hogs. Rick was clear that a fan boycott would do no good. Of course, he's right. It seems to finally be soak in in on a few of the die-hards that the program operates for Jim Lindsay and a bunch of good old boys who use the Razorback business as a huge personal ego trip.

Who is this defensive coordinator? His parents named him after a fish that people like to have creamed and pickled and he just can't get over it. Yeah, one of Randy's callers got it exactly correct. If Auburn has a Merry Christmas schedule, WE are the biggest stocking stuffer.

It is pathetic to see my direst predictions come true and I am horribly embarrassed for Frank Broyles, who I suspect has been indifferent to HDN for some time now.

Picking on the Arkansas Razorbacks is no longer cool or fun, so I will cease and desist.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?