Monday, September 19, 2005

Bigdaddyo stirs the pot AGAIN

AN OPEN LETTER TO MITCH MUSTAIN
From Coach Houston Nutt


Dear Mr. Mustain:

Congratulations on your big win over the high school from Oklahoma this weekend! I watched the tape with my brother, and I couldn't help but say to him, "Coach, that Mitch Mustain is special"!

We can't wait to see you in an Arkansas Razorback uniform, Mitch...is it ok if I call you Mitch? I mean that literally! We need you this week!! Ha Ha Ha!!! Of course, we can't have you until next year, but I wanted to remind you that you did make a verbal commitment to come and play for me. We all heard it and we have it on tape.

Have you noticed some of the things we're doing with Peyton Hillis? We have Peyton, he let's me call him Peyton, lined up in four or five different positions! If I want to run my tailback, Peyton lines up as a tailback. If I want to throw a pass, Peyton lines up as a tight end or a wide receiver. If I want to give my fullback a carry, Peyton lines up as a fullback. If I want to run a trick play, Peyton is either on the throwing or the catching end of it. That's the tricky part! My theory is to keep the offense wide open and mix it up so the defenses are never quite sure where we're going with the ball!

When you are in an Arkansas Razorback uniform next year, we will have a double threat! Mitch Mustain hands the ball off to Peyton Hillis! Mitch Mustain throws the ball to Peyton Hillis. Mitch Mustain, ...ummmmmm, well, it'll be special!

Some people may tell you that the University of Arkansas Razorbacks didn't have a very good trip to Southern California over the weekend, Mitch...is it ok if I call you Mitch? Well, we lost. The score isn't important. It doesn't matter whether we lost by one point or by one thousand points, it's an L on our record and that's all that needs to be said about it! I don't want you concentrating on negatives!! I want you concentrating on positives!!! We're going to get better!!!! A big part of our getting better is having Mitch Mustain in an Arkansas Razorbacks uniform next fall!!!!! When you put on that Arkansas Razorbacks uniform, everyone in the whole state is going to love you, at least for the period of time that things are moving along in a positive way, and there's nothing in the whole world like it!!!!!! It is SPECIAL!!!!!!!

Mitch, I want you to talk to Peyton Hillis about what it's like to be a superstar at the University of Arkansas. Peyton has therapy on his broken back several times a week, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking with you while he's just laying there hooked up to that electrical stimulation machine. And, if you have any further questions about the program in general or about this past weekend out in Southern California, I want you to call Drive Time Sports and ask Rick Schaeffer anything that's on your mind. Rick always answers any question about the program exactly the way he's supposed to.

Yours in Razorback Red!

Coach Houston Dale Nutt

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?